Background by Freepik

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Peachy Post: Book Series I STILL Need To Finish

So I am sure that many book reviewers have had a run in with this problem. You are extremely excited about a series that you have just begun reading, but you are overwhelmingly swamped with book requests and other fun blogging stuff, that you completely forgot to finish the series you primarily started with!

Well... that person is definitely me! So, I thought this might be interesting to share with you, all the book series which I still need to finish and review, and hopefully this will entice you as my followers to check back on my blog more often for new reviews!;)

Today I will mention two series which I have been dying to finish (since a very long time!!) Next Thursday I will continue with the next batch of series which I still need to complete.

Blood of Eden by Julie Kagawa

I.Absolutely.LOVE.This.Series! But don't ask me why I never got to the final installment of this series...  I read the first book, "The Immortal Rules" and the second book "The Eternity Cure". Both books are nail-biting exciting and the characters in these books are my favorite by far (besides Harry Potter's characters of course... no one beats those awesome kids)!

My Praise:
I recommend this book to all readers who are searching for a vampire story which goes far beyond its basic concept. A book that journeys you through a world with endless devastation, bundled with romance, hope and hopelessness, and oh yeah NON STOP action and thrill! This is a book you will not regret nor forget, as the next vampire book you will read you will undoubtedly and unavoidably compare to The Immortal Rules.

To give you an idea of what the series are about, I will provide the synopsis of the first book, the Immortal rules.


Synopsis: The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden #1):
To survive in a ruined world, she must embrace the darkness… Allison Sekemoto survives in the Fringe, the outermost circle of a walled-in city. By day, she and her crew scavenge for food. By night, any one of them could be eaten. Some days, all that drives Allie is her hatred of them—the vampires who keep humans as blood cattle. Until the night Allie herself dies and becomes one of the monsters. Forced to flee her city, Allie must pass for human as she joins a ragged group of pilgrims seeking a legend—a place that might have a cure for the disease that killed off most of civilization and created the rabids, the bloodthirsty creatures who threaten human and vampire alike. And soon Allie will have to decide what and who is worth dying for… again. Enter Julie Kagawa's dark and twisted world as an unforgettable journey begins.
Check out my review on "The Immortal Rules" and "The Eternity Cure". "The Forever Song" review coming up (hopefully) very soon!!

  



Dust Lands by Moira Young

I was completely sold with the first installment of this thrilling and adventurous series, Blood Red Road! This book had it all, to awesome characters and their amazing developments, to the crazy and creepy and outrageous landscapes, monsters and villains. I know a lot of readers may say this, but this book... I could absolutely not put down. I will need to go out to my bookstore soon to purchase the second installment, Rebel Heart,

My Praise:
I cannot stress enough on how this book was an amazing thrilling ride from the very beginning 'til the very end!

Hereby, the synopsis of the first installment out of this stunning series.

Synopsis: Blood Red Road (Dust Lands #1):
Saba has spent her whole life in Silverlake, a dried-up wasteland ravaged by constant sandstorms. The Wrecker civilization has long been destroyed, leaving only landfills for Saba and her family to scavenge from. That's fine by her, as long as her beloved twin brother Lugh is around. But when four cloaked horsemen capture Lugh, Saba's world is shattered, and she embarks on a quest to get him back.    Suddenly thrown into the lawless, ugly reality of the outside world, Saba discovers she is a fierce fighter, an unbeatable survivor, and a cunning opponent. Teamed up with a handsome daredevil named Jack and a gang of girl revolutionaries called the Free Hawks, Saba’s unrelenting search for Lugh stages a showdown that will change the course of her own civilization.
Read my review on "Blood Red Road".

   



This is my series-to-finish list thus far, and I have many more series to get through (this year)! My next list of series which I still need to read will be posted next week! So keep checking back on Readiculously Peachy!

Be sure to also keep your eyes peeled on my new reviews by subscribing via email or subscribe to my twitter.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

 Which series have you promised to finish this year?